Thursday, March 26, 2009

POST#1

1) If you currently have a job, describe a day in the life. What is your routine? What does your workplace look like? How would you describe the atmosphere? What changes would you make if you could?

I am currently working two jobs and going to school. Yes, i do work seven days a week and it does get really exausting but i have to do what i have to do. Monday through Saturday i work in a MRI office dealing with pretty much every aspect of the office, from billing insurance companies to scanning patients into our new computer system. when it turns about 6:00pm i go to the front desk and take any patients for that night. from six to about 9:30pm i do any work necessary to make sure everything is prepaired for the next morning. about 9:30pm i close the office, set the alarm, and lock up the place. the office is located in kew gardens which is open from 9am to 9pm monday through friday, and on saturdays i stay in the morning till i go to my next job in long island.
my other job is working at a catering hall which i absolutly love because i can make the same amount on a saturday and sunday compared to the monday through friday at the office. which is another plus to working at my catering hall all my friends work there and we all have fun and doesnt make work so stressful. at the catering hall called Leonards of Great Neck, i work as a bridal attendent, which is a higher possition than most waitors because we are the face of the house and deal with the clients.
the one thing i would change about both jobs is better pay. if i had a better pay i wouldnt have to work at both places and be able to go to school full time again. working seven days a week and school can put alot of stress on a person. the one thing that keeps me going is my mother needing my help and supporting her and my cousin she took in.

No comments:

Post a Comment